Friday, April 20, 2012

Before and After, inside my 1968 "Ideal" trailer!!

Well it's time for the big reveal!!
I've been working on my little vintage trailer for a couple 
of weeks now, and its time to take a peek!!

This is the little kitchen area Before...


After....

New lighting, refrigerator, curtains, decoupage on drawers and cabinets.


Sitting area Before...


Some of the wood had water damage so I had to 
be replace.

during...


After...

You'll also noticed the new cushions!!
The old ones were to stinky and dated, so I purchased new foam
and covered it with a sweet salmon color fabric.
I was able to use reuse the original hardware on the drawers and 
cabinets.
   I love the green plaid I used on the cushion boarders and the 
reddish-orange piping for the trim.
If you look real close you can see the cute little green leaves 
that are stitched on the salmon fabric.
This little sitting area pulls out into a nice size bed that sleeps two.

This is the U-shaped sitting area 
Before...

you can see the old lighting, wiring and water tank


Sitting area After....

This U-shape sitting area converts into a nice size bed that sleeps two.
Above this area there is a pull out bunk that sleeps two. (children)

add some new cushions, curtains and brand new cherry wood table..


This is the power room Before



And now After...
she's totally functional




I updated the walls with sheet music as well as the decoupage,
I love the bright colors and the  little magazine holder, it adds a lot of charm.

As for the ceiling ...

Before...
If you'll notice just above my Honey's head the ceiling was like a wood paneling.
I chose to put a nice textured wall paper on the ceiling.

This is the wallpaper pattern that I chose.  It reminded me of the old tin
ceiling tiles.

Once it was all up I was so pleased with the effect.  I removed the old lighting
and added an antique wash over the whole ceiling.


I also added a couple of my favorite Original pieces of art.

I have to tell you I am so please with the way it all turned out!!
I could never have gotten it all done with out my Honey's help.
He took care of all the hard stuff,
like updating the wiring, getting the battery and appliances all working,
and lets not forget the plumbing.
Big "THANKS" to my Honey!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the Before and After tour of my little home away from home.
Now that the inside is finished, it's time to tackle the outside.
I'm hoping to get me a nice shade awning,
and I would be thrilled if I could get her all painted as well.
I think I'm going to paint her all cream with a nice salmon stripe.
Of course I'll keep you update on all the changes.
Thanks for dropping by!!!!
xoxo


13 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet debbie, such gorgeous transformation!! I love each and every details! I would midn spending the whole day in there with you and i also love how you hang all your beautiful paintings on the wall! Gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

KathyB. said...

I do like your trailer very much. I have a new trailer but am always looking for ways to make the very small trailer more comfortable and conducive to our use. I love being cozy in small places as my husband & I travel and camp. Very, very nice.

Lori said...

Debbie - amazing! Absolutely more than amazing! I love your style, the ceiling looks like a tin ceiling. Seriously this is beautiful!

laura gaffke said...

Debbie~ This is AWSOME! What a lot of work but SO gratifying I am sure! Loved seeing your pictures and the evolution of this project! Laura

Baxter's Mom said...

Debbie! I love this! I have always wanted to do a similar project...but my husband? Not so much...oh well. Most of all I love seeing your Artwork in there!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

UNBELIEVABLE makeover, debbie! if you filmed your transformation, this could be on a tv segment. i adore you little magic touches and creative hands in this! this is enough to inspire ANYONE to transform ANYTHING!!

dandelion dreamer said...

it really is such a special, energising, colourful gorgeous place you have created and just think of the happy hours you will spend in it being creative too, with all your paints and creative stuff!Enjoy. M x

miriam miller said...

that is cutest trailer I have seen-you have a fun and lively style that is great-a fellow flyer close by

Diana said...

Hi Debbie,
She's so cute. You guys are doing a good job. I can't wait to here that you will soon be taking her on her maiden voyage. Love your art work hanging. Hugs, Diana

Teresa Williams said...

Love all the hard work you have done on her, Awning is wonderful! I have a 68 Holiday Rambler that I bought Sept13, I've had so much fun redoing her too, I also made a awning, Happy Camping!

Christy Moore said...

Hi Debbie. She's beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I love your original art work too. You're very talented. So excited for you.

Molly said...

I love this redo and thanks for showing so many 'before & after' pics - makes it so much more interesting to read about! My 1968 Aloha is getting cutened up - will send link to update on glampers FB group when done. best, Molly

kariejeanne said...

Love this!

Post a Comment