Friday, December 16, 2011

Just coming up for air!!

I want to take a minute to say 
"SORRY", 
yes I have been very neglectful in my blogging.
I have been trying and trying to find that holiday spirit, but it
still eludes me.

I see all the beautiful bloggers out there showing their homes, 
so amazingly decorated for Christmas 
and I just shrink away in defeat. 

I have always been a Christmas nut in the past, always
decorated and all decked out for the holidays.  
What has changed me so much, I have been asking 
myself lately. 

The only answer I can come up with is 
that I miss my family.
There is a piece of my heart missing, it's 
800 miles away in Oregon.
I have always had all of my kid here with me for the 
holidays in the past.  We would celebrate all month
long as a family, making baked goods, Christmas Crafting and 
shopping together.

Last Christmas was my sweet little Jackson's first Christmas.
What a great time we had watching him try to open his presents.
He didn't know why all the hub-bub but  he loved it and 
gave it his best shot.  
This year will be even better for him, I so wish he could be here.
I know he will be here in January, but I'm a grandma and very needy.
Who wouldn't be just look at this little man.

He makes my heart ache with all the love I feel for him!!
There is one bit of fun to look forward to, 
my daughter Alex will be making it home for Christmas this year!!!
I can't wait to have her home and in my arms.
I'll have her home for two whole weeks!!!
I can't wait!!
My sweet honey has been so very patient with my funk.
He put up the Christmas lights and bought the Christmas tree.
I so appreciate his effort and love him a bunch.
I tried going to the mall to see if I could find a little more
Christmas spirit, but all I wanted to do once I got there was leave.
I so don't mean to bring anyone down, but through it all I 
believe I have found the answer.
Christmas is not in the stores or malls, 
it's in our hearts and mine is just a little lonely.
I'll be fine, this to will pass.  
I am so blessed to have such an amazing family, 
and a life I love!!

So please accept my apologies for being neglectful and a bit of
a Scrooge. 
 It's reassuring to know that even Scrooge got a 
second chance.
Lot's of love to you and yours this
Holiday Season!!
x0x0x

1 comment:

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Debbie! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you can try out the mirror look on some project? I know what you mean about missing your loved ones. Hope you can still have a wonderful holiday, sounds like you can make up or it in Jan! Take care. Riki

Post a Comment